KIO! 2017-2018 Competitive Team
Pre-Teens – Vanessa Broughman, Eliana DeLaCruz, Keely Heusinkveld, Katie Kempel, Payton Keck, Yvette Mitchell, Adriana Seymour, Corina Seymour, Leah Vissers
Our Team focus at KIO!:
- Working with team mates is key for success.
- Performing in front of an audience can be fun and help with building confidence.
- Gracefully receiving feedback is necessary and using that feedback for improvement is important.
- Appreciation for dance as an art and understanding the competition experience is about growing as a dancer through skill and maturity.
- Displaying sportsmanlike conduct at all times is very important.
- The art of dance translates into valuable skills and friendships that will last a lifetime!
Competitive dance is for the dedicated dancer that is able and willing to put in their time & energy that is necessary for success. Our team travels regionally and out of state once a year for a national event.
Competition Schedule 2018 * Subject to change!
April 13 – 15 Howell, MI – ALL NUMBERS
May 4 – 6 Walled Lake, MI – ALL NUMBERS
May 18 – 20 Grand Rapids, MI – ALL NUMBERS
NEW FOR 2018-2019 : KIO! Intro team for NEW team dancers that want to compete on a smaller commitment scale!
- Ages 4+ jazz, tap & hip hop.
- Ages 7+ jazz, tap, hip hop, musical theater and contemporary.
- Dancers in this program will spend approximately 2 to 4 hours a week in studio which may require a two day commitment. (Varies by age)
- Two regional competitions per season, required strength & technique class weekly (varies by age) with select style classes per evaluation by KIO! Instructor.
Full season Team for 2018-2019 :
- Mini: Hip Hop & Tap
- Junior: Jazz, Jazz Acro, Lyrical, Tap, Hip Hop & Contemporary
- PT/Teen: Jazz, Jazz Acro, Lyrical, Tap, Hip Hop & Contemporary
- Musical Theater all ages per evaluation recommendation.
- Team Production number ALL full season team members!
- Requirements: Ballet, strength & conditioning and Technique classes.
- Four regional competitions plus nationals in the sum