KIO! 2017-2018 Competitive Team
Our Team focus at KIO!:
- Working with team mates is key for success.
- Performing in front of an audience can be fun and help with building confidence.
- Gracefully receiving feedback is necessary and using that feedback for improvement is important.
- Appreciation for dance as an art and understanding the competition experience is about growing as a dancer through skill and maturity.
- Displaying sportsmanlike conduct at all times is very important.
- The art of dance translates into valuable skills and friendships that will last a lifetime!
Competitive dance is for the dedicated dancer that is able and willing to put in their time & energy that is necessary for success. Our team travels regionally and out of state once a year for a national event.
Competition Schedule 2018 * Subject to change!
Nationals July 5-10, 2018 Franklin , IN – ALL NUMBERS
Full season Team for 2018-2019 :
- Mini: Jazz, Tap, & Hip Hop.
- Junior: Jazz, Jazz Acro, Lyrical, Tap, Hip Hop & Contemporary.
- PT/Teen: Jazz, Jazz Acro, Lyrical, Tap, Hip Hop & Contemporary.
- Musical Theater all ages per evaluation recommendation.
- Team Production number ALL full season team members!
- Requirements: Ballet Technique, Strength & Conditioning, Flexibility and Leaps & Turns classes.
- Four regional competitions plus nationals in the summer.
NEW FOR 2018-2019 : KIO! Intro team for NEW team dancers that want to compete on a smaller commitment scale!
- Ages 4+ Jazz, Tap, & Hip Hop.
- Ages 7+ Jazz, Tap, & Hip Hop, Musical Theater and Contemporary.
- Dancers in this program will spend approximately 2 to 4 hours a week in studio which may require a two day commitment. (Varies by age)
- Two regional competitions per season.
- Requirements: Strength & Conditioning also Ballet Technique class weekly (varies by age) with select style classes per evaluation by KIO! Instructor.
2018-2019 Team Fall Evaluation date: Saturday September 8, 2018
Tap – 11:00 AM
Hip Hop – 11:45 AM
Lyrical – 12:30 PM
Jazz & Jazz Acro- 1:15 PM
Contemporary– 2:00 PM
Musical Theater 2:45 PM
- Mini 5-7
- Junior 8-11
- Pre-Teen 12-14
- Teen 15-17
* Schedule subject to change
* Mini dancers by recommendation only for Junior classes
* Junior dancers by recommendation only for PreTeen/Teen classes
* Must be Junior age to evaluate for Musical Theater