Kick It Out! Competitive Dance Team General Information 2021
Competitive dance is for the dedicated dancer that is willing and able to put in the time and energy necessary for success- Evaluations June 2021
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for team information & any additional information requested.
- Cash or check only for registration $25.00
- Must complete registration packet and sign team agreement to be considered for team.
- $100.00 deposit due at time of evaluation. Fee will go toward season competition fees.
Some key things that dancers will learn in the competitive dance program at KIO!
- Working with, respecting teammates, director and instructors are important for success.
- Hard work and dedication are necessary for a well rounded teammate.
- Performing in front of an audience can be fun and help with building confidence.
- Gracefully receiving feedback is necessary and using that feedback for improvement is important.
- Appreciation for dance as an, understanding the competition experience is about growing as a dancer through skill and maturity.
- Displaying sportsmanlike conduct at all times.
- The art of dance translates into valuable skills and friendships that will last a lifetime!
KIO! Competitive Team General Practice schedule & information
- Competitive team – Ages 5+
o DANCER LEVEL OF COMMITMENT full team season: Approximately 4 – 8+ hours weekly (2-4 days Varies by age & groups) Additional practice time if necessary. Classes are on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for competitive team. Options available for intro team membert with less time commitment – please inquire.
o Team Production number required for ALL full season team members.
o Full Team Requirements: Strength & Conditioning, Ballet technique, TLF & Team number class weekly.
o All team tap dancers must take tap technique.
o Three/four regional competitions, workshops required & nationals in summer TBD.
o Solo, Duo and Trios by invite only.
COMPETITIVE TEAM CLASS SCHEDULE 2020-2021
MONDAY STUDIO THREE
5:00 PM – 5:45 PM Lyrical Group
6:50 PM – 7:50 PM Ballet 2 Technique
7:50 PM – 8:20 PM Ballet Pre Pointe Work
WEDNESDAY STUDIO ONE
5:15 PM – 6:00 PM Tumbling 2
6:00 PM – 6:45 PM Contemporary Lyrical Group
6:45 PM – 7:30 PM TLF 1A
7:30 PM – 8:15 PM Ballet 1A
WEDNESDAY STUDIO THREE
4:15 PM – 5:15 PM Tap 2 Technique & Choreography
5:15 PM – 6:00 PM Tap Duo 1A with Technique
6:45 PM – 7:30 PM TLF 2
THURSDAY STUDIO ONE
5:30 PM – 6:15 PM Tumbling 1
THURSDAY STUDIO THREE
4:45 PM – 5:30 PM Team Number
5:30 PM – 6:00 PM Jazz Group
6:15 PM – 7:00 PM Musical Theater Small Group
7:00 PM – 7:45 PM Strength & Conditioning Team