KICK IT OUT! Important Studio Information 2020-2021
Classes begin the week of September 28th – PLEASE GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO OUR RECEPTIONIST TO GET ON OUR EMAIL LIST!
DRESS REHEARSAL & RECITAL INFORMATION – FULL SEASON
Kick It Out! dress rehearsal – Date/Time TBD @ Okemos High School
Dress rehearsal fees are included in regular tuition fee.
- Make-up & hair instructions for dress rehearsal & recital will be e-mailed out & posted in studio.
- Volunteer sign up for dress rehearsal & recital will be e-mailed out. Instructors & volunteers only in the backstage area during dress rehearsal & recital.
- PLEASE label all items belonging to you/your dancer.
- Recital ticket sales will be online. Watch calendar for dates & pertinent information.
Kick it Out! Recital – Date/Time TBD @ Okemos High School
- Shows TBD by number of classes.
- All students competitive & non-competitive participate in the recital. If you wish to opt of recital out please contact the office by October 31st
- If you wish to come backstage YOU MUST volunteer, e-mail will be sent out for volunteers.
- KIO! Recital features our students ages 2.5 – adult; we are proud to display our students accomplishments at our recital!
HOLIDAY PERFORMANCE – 12 WEEKS SEPT – DEC: Friday December 4, 2020 – Site TBD
STUDIO CALENDAR INFORMATION
- Studio families receive a calendar of important dates & events at registration as well as by email, all dates are subject to change.
CLASS ATTIRE & PERFORMANCE COSTUMES COMPETITIVE/RECREATIONAL
- ALL students are required to wear proper dance shoes, dance wear, accessories, make-up & costuming for performance, recreational & competition.
- Hair is to be pulled back away from face. Special instructions apply in some classes per instrutctor.
- Please purchase shoes, tights & dancewear at Dancy Pantz Boutique in Okemos.
o Refer to website: Dance Class attire at KIO
- Costumes for June recital are ordered through the studio. Deposit is due in October, balance is due in November. Costume deposit & balance due will be invoiced separate from tuition. Costumes will be distributed to families once paid in full.
- Students that opt out of recital performance must notify the office before October 31, 2020.
TUITION & PAYMENT INFORMATION:1st month is due upon enrollment & must be cash or check.
- Tuition is due the 1st of each month September through May & payments can be made to the drop box in the studio.
o We also accept mail in, credit card in office, card online from your invoice, check or cash as well as ACH withdraw.
- ACH & full season payment discount available.
- A late fee of $15.00 will be applied to your account if not paid by the 7th of each month. Payments are non-transferrable & non-refundable.
- Dress rehearsals, in studio rehearsals, provided music & choreography class fees are included in monthly tuition fee.
- Monthly class tuition rate is the same regardless the number of classes per month.
- For further tuition information please refer to dance class tuition agreement included in season enrollment packet.
KIO Referral Program- Your referrals are the biggest compliment we can receive & we certainly appreciate them!
- The New friend being referred must register, attend classes for the entire season & account must be current to receive your KIO! Referral Credit of $5 per student.
- Referral credit will be applied towards last month tuition of the season.
- There is a limit of 6 student referrals per season for up to $30 off your last month tuition of the season!
STUDIO PICTURE INFORMATION
- Studio picture date in studio – Date/Time TBD
- All students & instructors are expected to be present for their group pictures. Ordering is not required.
- A timeline will be e-mailed out closer to the picture date for all of our families.
- Students may wear hair as they desire for pictures & natural make-up.
- Students ONLY permitted in the studio room during group photo sessions. This is to ensure the best possible photos.
- Students must line up at the studio door & wait for their instructor to prompt them that it is time for class to begin.
- Students that are disruptive or distracting class will be dismissed to the lobby to sit with their parents until they are able to participate in class.
- If a parent is not present the student will be asked to sit out quietly in class or in the studio office.
- Students PLEASE thank their instructor for class.
STUDIO SAFETY INFORMATION
The studio opens 15 minutes prior to the first class of the day Monday – Thursday; studio is closed on Friday & Sunday.
Monday Mini & Tiny parents: Lobby space is limited due to the pandemic. PLEASE parents only of dancer in class to help us meet the protocol.
All patrons waiting in the lobby area are expected to remain calm & cooperative.
Tuesday & competitive team dancer parents: Please plan to drop off your dancer & wait in your car as we have limited space in the lobby with student numbers. We must stay within the protocol to remain open.
NOTE: Kick It Out! Is not responsible for supervision of children left unattended on premises before, during & after classes. Unattended children will result in contacting of an adult to come tend to them. Kick It Out! is not responsible for any personal items lost or stolen on premises, at competitions or at any events Kick It Out! attends.
In case of inclement weather or other emergencies, please call the studio @ 517-582-6784 after 1PM (Monday – Thursday) & after 8AM (Saturday) for DANCE class cancellation information. DANCE Class cancellation information can also be found on our Facebook page & Instagram pages. KIO! Families will receive email notice of any cancellations. Kick It Out! will not issue refunds for classes, events or competitions cancelled due to inclement weather, illness or any other emergency situations that alike.
All information is subject to change!