KICK IT OUT! Important Studio Information 2021-2022
Classes begin the week of September 13th – PLEASE GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO OUR RECEPTIONIST TO GET ON OUR EMAIL LIST!
DRESS REHEARSAL & RECITAL INFORMATION – FULL SEASON
Kick It Out! dress rehearsal – Friday June 10, 2022 @ East Lansing Hannah Center Albert A White Theater 5-8 PM.
Dress rehearsal fees are included in regular tuition fee.
- Make-up & hair instructions for dress rehearsal & recital will be e-mailed out & posted in studio.
- Volunteer sign up for dress rehearsal & recital will be e-mailed out. Instructors & volunteers only in the backstage area during dress rehearsal & recital.
- PLEASE label all items belonging to you/your dancer.
Kick it Out! Recital – Saturday June 11, 2022 @ East Lansing Hannah Center Albert A White Theater 12 – 6 PM *** Two shows = 1PM & 3:30 PM.
- All students competitive & non-competitive participate in the recital. If you wish to opt of recital out please contact the office by October 31st
- Parents that wish to come backstageYOU MUST volunteer, e-mail will be sent out for volunteers.
- Recital ticket sales will be online. Watch calendar for dates & pertinent information.
- KIO! Recital features our students ages 2.5 – adult; we are proud to display our students accomplishments at our recital!
HOLIDAY PERFORMANCE – TBD FOR NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER 2021.
STUDIO CALENDAR INFORMATION
- Studio families receive a calendar of important dates & events at registration as well as by email, all dates are subject to change.
CLASS ATTIRE & PERFORMANCE COSTUMES COMPETITIVE/RECREATIONAL
- ALL students are required to wear proper dance shoes, dance wear, accessories, make-up & costuming for classes & performances.
- Hair is to be pulled back away from face. Special instructions apply in some classes per instructor.
- Please purchase shoes, tights & dancewear at Dancy Pantz Boutique in East Lansing Hannah Center.
- Refer to website: https://kickitoutdance.com/kio-dance-class-attire/
- Costumes for annual recital are ordered through the studio. Deposit is due in October, balance is due in November. Costume deposit & balance due will be invoiced separate from tuition. Costumes will be distributed to families once paid in full.
- Students that opt out of recital performance must notify the office by October 31 of the season.
TUITION & PAYMENT INFORMATION: First month tuition and registration are due upon enrollment; must be cash or check.
- Tuition is due the 1st of each month during the regular season. Cash & check payments can be made to the drop box in the studio.
- We also accept mail in, credit card in office, card online from your invoice, check or cash as well as ACH withdraw.
- ACH & full season payment discount available.
- A late fee of $15.00 will be applied to your account if not paid by the 7thof each month. Payments are non-transferrable & non-refundable.
- Tuition is based on number of weeks of dance class, digital music files, practice videos and annual recital dress rehearsal.
- For further tuition information please refer to dance class tuition agreement included in season enrollment packet.
KIO Referral Program: Your referrals are the biggest compliment we can receive & we certainly appreciate them!
- New friend referral must register, attend classes for the entire season & account must be current to receive your KIO! Referral Credit of $5 per student.
- Referral credit will be applied towards last month tuition of the season.
- There is a limit of 6 student referrals per season for up to $30 off your last month tuition of the season!
STUDIO PICTURE & RED CARPET INFORMATION
- Spring 2022 / Saturday – TBD
- All students & instructors are expected to be present for their group pictures. Ordering is not required.
- A timeline will be e-mailed out closer to the picture date for all of our families.
- Students may wear hair as they desire for pictures & natural make-up.
- Students ONLY permitted in the studio room during group photo sessions. This is to ensure the best possible photos.
- Red carpet event will be outside on front sidewalk weather permitting.
- Please adhere to our class attire and dance shoe requirements.
- Please have your dancer wait to be prompted into the studio by their instructor.
- Students that are disruptive or distracting class will be dismissed to the lobby to sit with their parents until they are able to participate in class.
- If a parent is not present the student will be asked to sit out quietly in class or in the studio office.
- Students; PLEASE remember to thank their instructor for class.
STUDIO SAFETY INFORMATION
The studio opens 15 minutes prior to the first class of the day Monday – Thursday; studio is closed on Friday & Sunday.
All patrons waiting in the lobby area are expected to remain calm & cooperative as to not disrupt classes that are in session.
Please keep the lobby areas tidy as you find them and free from obstacles.
Parents please monitor your children at all times when in the studio.
Please keep the lobby tidy, pick up after any trash. Please no food in the lobby area; water only.
NOTE: Kick It Out! Is not responsible for supervision of children left unattended on premises before, during & after classes. Unattended children will result in contacting of an adult to come tend to them. Kick It Out! is not responsible for any personal items lost or stolen on premises, at competitions or at any events Kick It Out! attends. In case of inclement weather or other emergencies, please call the studio @ 517-582-6784 after 1PM (Monday – Thursday) & after 8AM (Saturday) for DANCE class cancellation information. DANCE Class cancellation information can also be found on our Facebook page & Instagram pages. KIO! Families will receive email notice of any cancellations. Kick It Out! will not issue refunds for classes, events or competitions cancelled due to inclement weather, illness or any other emergency situations that alike.
*All information is subject to change!