Dance class style descriptions for non-competitive and competitive classes:
- Ballet – Foundation of dance technique focusing on point work, flowing movements and body placement/extensions.
- Musical Theatre – Dancers will explore the various dance styles used in Broadway shows. Ballet and jazz dance technique will be used in class. Emphasis will also be placed on learning performance skills such as connecting with the audience and telling a story through dance and facial expressions.
- Jazz – Strong emphasis on technical execution of leaps, jumps, turns, kicks and motions; there are flowing movements with extension, control and body placement.
- Jazz/Acro – Strong emphasis on technical execution of leaps, jumps, turns, kicks and motions; there are flowing movements with extension, control and body placement along with acrobatic elements.
- Hip Hop – Strong emphasis on freestyle/stylized dance movement with tricks incorporated; body isolations, control of movement, rhythm and interpretation of music.
- Lyrical – Expressive, simultaneously subtle, dynamic, focused on conveying musicality and emotion through movements fused with ballet and contemporary jazz.
- Contemporary – Expressive dance that combines elements of several dance genres including modern jazz, lyrical and classical ballet. Connection of the mind and the body through fluid dance movements. Contemporary dance stresses versatility and improvisation. This dance genre is often done in bare feet. Contemporary dance can be performed to many different styles of music.
- Tap – A form of step dance tapped out audibly by means of shoes with hard soles or soles and heels to which taps have been added.
- Tiny Dancers – Through creative dance movement in beginning basic ballet and jazz along with some free dance time students will improve motor skills and enhance social awareness. This is an instructor led class, Parent(s) must stay on the premises during class and may be in the studio if necessary. This class will perform in the recital and they will be led by their instructor.
- Tiny Tap Dancers – Students will learn to tap out sounds with the very beginning steps of tap dance. This is an instructor led class, Parent(s) must stay on the premises during class and may be in the studio if necessary. This class will perform in the recital and they will be led by their instructor.
General class level guidelines
- Tiny Dancers = Ages 2.5 – 4
- Mini Dancers = Ages 5 -7
- Junior Dancers = Ages 8 – 11
- Pre-Teen Dancers = Ages 12 – 14
- Teen Dancers = Ages 15 -17
- Adult Dancers = Ages 18+
If you’d like to register on-line and hold your spot click the link below: