KICK IT OUT! Important Studio Information 2019-2020
Classes begin the week of September 9, 2019! – PLEASE GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO OUR RECEPTIONIST TO GET ON OUR EMAIL LIST!
DRESS REHEARSAL & RECITAL INFORMATION
Kick It Out! dress rehearsal – Friday May 29, 2020 @ Okemos High School 4:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Dress rehearsal fees are included in regular tuition fee.
- Make-up and hair instructions for dress rehearsal and recital will be e-mailed out & posted in studio.
- Volunteer sign up for dress rehearsal and recital will be e-mailed out. Instructors and volunteers only in the backstage area with the dancers during dress rehearsal and recital.
- PLEASE label all items belonging to you/your dancer.
- Recital ticket sales will be online. Watch calendar for dates & pertinent information.
Kick it Out! Recital – Sunday May 31, 2020 @ Okemos High School – Two show times: 1 PM and 3:00 PM
- Recreational students will appear in the 3:00 PM show only.
- Competitive students will appear in the 12:30 PM & 3:00 PM shows, select numbers.
- All students competitive and non-competitive participate in the recital. If you wish to opt of recital out please contact the office by October 1st.
- If you wish to come backstage YOU MUST volunteer, e-mail will be sent out for volunteers.
- KIO! Recital features our students ages 2.5 – adult; we are proud to display our students accomplishments at our recital!
STUDIO CALENDAR INFORMATION
- Studio families receive a calendar of important dates & events at registration as well as by email, all dates are subject to change.
CLASS ATTIRE & PERFORMANCE COSTUMES COMPETITIVE/RECREATIONAL
- ALL students are required to purchase and wear proper dance shoes, dance wear, accessories, make-up and costuming for performance, recreational & competition classes.
- Please purchase shoes, tights & dancewear at Dancy Pantz Boutique in Okemos. Refer to website: https://kickitoutdance.com/kio-dance-class-attire/
- Costumes are ordered through the studio. Deposit is due in October, balance is due in November. Costume deposit and balance due will be invoiced separate from tuition. Costumes will be distributed to families once paid in full.
- Students that opt out of recital performance must notify the office before October 1, 2019.
TUITION & PAYMENT INFORMATION
- 1st month is due upon enrollment & must be cash or check.
- Tuition is due the 1st of each month September through May and payments can be made to the drop box in the studio.
- We accept mail in, credit card in office, card online from your invoice, check or cash as well as ACH withdraw.
- A late fee of $15.00 will be applied to your account if not paid by the 7thof each month. .
- Payments are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- Monthly class tuition rate is the same regardless the number of classes per month.
- Dress rehearsal & recital fees are included in monthly tuition fee.
- An early termination fee of $50.00 will be billed to your account for any early student withdraw.
- For further tuition information please refer to dance class tuition agreement included in season enrollment packet.
STUDIO PICTURE INFORMATION
- Studio picture date Saturday April 25, 2020 from 12:30 – 6:30 PM in studio.
- All students and instructors are expected to be present for their group pictures. Ordering is not required.
- A timeline will be e-mailed out closer to the picture date for all of our families.
- Students may wear hair as they desire for pictures and natural make-up.
- Students ONLY permitted in the studio room during group photo sessions. This is to ensure the best possible photos.
- Students must line up at the studio door & wait for their instructor to prompt them that it is time for class to begin.
- Students that are disruptive or distracting class will be dismissed to the lobby to sit with their parents until they are able to participate in class.
- If a parent is not present the student will be asked to sit out quietly in class or in the studio office.
- Students PLEASE thank their instructor for class.
STUDIO SAFETY INFORMATION
The studio opens 15 minutes prior to the first class of the day Monday – Thursday; studio is closed on Friday & Sunday. Parents are encouraged and welcome to stay in the lobby during class time, PLEASE parents only of dancer in class as we have limited space in our lobby. All patrons waiting in the lobby area are expected to remain calm and cooperative
NOTE: Kick It Out! Is not responsible for supervision of children left unattended on premises before, during & after classes. Unattended children will result in contacting of an adult to come tend to them.
Kick It Out! is not responsible for any personal items lost or stolen on premises, at competitions or at any events Kick It Out! attends.
In case of inclement weather or other emergencies, please call the studio @ 517-582-6784 after 1PM (Monday – Thursday) and after 8AM (Saturday) for DANCE class cancellation information. DANCE Class cancellation information can also be found on our Facebook page & Instagram pages. KIO! Families will receive email notice of any cancellations. Kick It Out! will not issue refunds for classes, events or competitions cancelled due to inclement weather, illness or other emergency situations that alike. All information is subject to change!